Sunday, October 31, 2004

SOX PARADE

Trev and I went to the Red Sox victory Parade yesterday and got a front row seat to all the action! It was an awesome, exciting parade. It cruised by us in 7 minutes, but the excitement left me with goose bumps and filled me with emotion!

Then, we raced home, warmed up and went to visit my Gradfather's grave. I had not been their since he passed away in early November, 1975.
He had made a promise to me, when he got sick with Leukemia in the Spring of 1975, that he would "not go anywhere" until we saw the Sox win the World Series together. He went into remission and we listened to or watched every game that Summer, culminating with a disappointing game 7 World Series defeat to the Reds. One week later, he got ill again and he passed away days later, on 11/2/1975, before our dream was ever realized. I promised myself I would pray for him every night, but would not visit him at his grave until the Sox finally won! On 10/31/04, nearly 29 years after his passing, I came to visit him and Trevor and I celebrated with him, left him World Series trinkets, prayed, cried and
got the closure with him that we had waited 29 years for!

And as for the parade...an estimated crowd of over 3 million witnessed the parade, a mighty spectacle it was!
And the Sox have engrained themselves into a new generation and have entrenched themselves even deeper into
the old guard of Red Sox Nationites.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?