Friday, October 15, 2004

10/15/04...

As I await the latest weather update, my stomach is tossing and turning as the afternoon wanes and gametime nears. Gametime? Yea, you know, Sox-Yanks, game 3 of the ALCS! A must win for our boys of Summer. I am taking my son, T, and I am very confident about the outcome, IF, they can get the game in. My fear? Its being down 2-1 in the 6th inning and they call the game and we lose in a rain shortened affair. I love our chances, not only tonight, but also in making this a LONG series and winning it in 7 behind the courageous arm of Curt Schilling. 2 outta 3 in Boston is very likely, but I'd love to see us win all 3 and go back to the Death Star, I mean Yankee Stadium, needing to win one more to wash away a lot of pain and misery...and be gone with the dreaded Evil Empire! (But as we know from history, it will not be the end...not until Lord Vader and the Emporer are destroyed!)

I will be seated under the roof, behind home plate, so my desire to stay fairly dry should not be a problem. I am hoping the heavy rain "won't come down for a while!" as Bill Murry so aptly put in the movie "Caddyshack".
As hard as it is for me to admit, win or lose, my life will go on and I will survive. But until then, my heart will pound, my head will be abuzz with fears, possibilities, dreams...and I will soak it all in tonight & one way or another we'll go on.

GO SOX!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?